Monday, December 15, 2008

The Halls are decked




And a little something extra IN the tree! Fluffy, you naughty kitty!


We put up our Christmas tree on Sunday. This was the first year Boo "helped" us put the ornaments on the tree. It was nerve wracking. My 40-pound child resembled a bull in a china shop. DONTSTEPONTHAT! WATCHWHEREYOUAREGOING! PUTTHATDOWN! DONTTOUCHTHAT!

Anyway, this is a pretty cool event for us. Every year we take these tattered boxes down from the attic (and have the same conversation about enlarging the opening and installing fold-down stairs). Over the years our ornaments get put away in no particular order, so as we dig through the boxes and pull out our treasures we tell "I remember when" stories. Thank goodness for Boo - finally we have someone else to listen to us.

My parents bought my sister and me an ornament every Christmas. I have all of mine. They're marked by year starting in 1972. They stopped in 2004, and now carry on the tradition with Boo. It's really awesome to hang my entire Christmas history on my grown-up family tree. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for thinking ahead to how much this would mean to us when we grew up.

No comments: