Sunday, October 19, 2008

Godparents



















Boo's godparents are wonderful people. Godmama was taking care of Boo before she was born. We met at work, and she helped me get through each day of vomiting, headaches, swollen feet, and a terrible boss. I couldn't think of anyone more appropriate to be Boo's godmother (er... Fairy Godmother as she likes to be called). Godpapa is equally caring. He calls Boo "sugar" and thinks everything she says & does is nothing short of adorable. He lost his infant daughter to illness long ago, and I often think that his relationship with Boo gives him bittersweet feelings of what he missed out on and what he still has.

I read somewhere that the most desirable qualities for godparents include a sincere interest in the child, good listening skills, nonjudgmental acceptance, stability, high moral character, and a capacity for being a role model. I'm glad that Boo will have these loving people to support her and look out for her. I'm glad they are our friends.

No comments: