Thursday, October 16, 2008

What a morning...

Any idea what happens when you forget to renew the tags on your car? Hey, I know, I know...

The state trooper pulls you over and chastises you for not paying your taxes to have the right to drive on the streets. (I guess the 32% of my income that already goes to taxes counts for nothing...) Then despite your tears and promise to take the vehicle directly to the dreaded BMV to rectify the situation immediately, he writes you an expensive ticket, has your beloved car impounded & taken to a seedy lot on the wrong side of the tracks. Upon arrival at the impound lot you have to speak with smelly people who say things like, "I ain't got no" and "I done not seen that". As in, "I ain't got no teeth and I done not seen a toothbrush in years." You give them $125 of your hard earned money and leave with your beloved car that may never smell the same again.

And I wasn't even speeding. Damn it.

No comments: