Friday, October 3, 2008

Well, hell... Seriously?

This week Cosigner told me that we're at the stage in life where we have to do things we don't like because we are adults with responsibility. That sucks. (Sorry, Mom. I know you hate it when I say "sucks".) I'm there. Responsibility overwhelms me right now. I loathe having to do something I don't like because I HAVE to and not because I WANT to.

Which brings me to the crushing blow for the week. To add insult to injury, Hubby's company decided to cease operations in the Midwest and he, too, got a pink slip. Seriously??? Both of us got laid off within months of each other??? What did we do to tick off the Universe???

A lesser man might curl into the fetal position and wallow in self pity for a while. But not Hubby. He assured me that everything would be just fine, and he hit the phones contacting everyone in his network. He even had an interview today. He hasn't wallowed once. I find his optimism a little annoying at times. (Maybe that's because I manage our finances, and I rarely pass up the chance to milk a tragedy for all it's worth.)

In any event, we will survive, Boo won't go hungry, we won't lose our house, and we've prepaid our health insurance for the next few months. Which brings me back to doing the things we HAVE to and not the things we WANT to in life. I guess I should be grateful that I have responsibilities and an amazing Hubby with an incredible attitude. Plus, he's handsome, too!

No comments: