Friday, September 26, 2008

Back to Work

This week I started a new job. It's not the full-time gig with benefits that I was hoping for and it's not my new home away from home, but it's a very decent living and a chance to do something slightly different with my career. I've always had to work in a chaotic manner. Not because I'm chaotic (or maybe I am), but because there are competing priorities, distractions, unexpected crises and other time suckers, and I still had to meet deadlines on projects. Now I get to focus on working a project plan, and lending my past experiences to another organization in a consulting capacity. So I'm off the couch for now which is a good thing. The not so great news is that I'll be back on the job market again in 3 to 6 months. Maybe after the election and the holidays, things will pick up and look a little brighter. Like everything else in life, with Hubby's full support, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

No comments: