Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm addicted to HGTV

Is there a support group for this? I need a 12-step program to kick this thing.

http://www.hgtv.com/

House Hunters
Hidden Potential
My House is Worth What
House Hunters International
Rate My Space
What's With That House
Devine Design
Designed to Sell
Curb Appeal

My HGTV habit is the butt of Hubby's jokes, but he's benefited from my obsessive "decorating cents" and ability to "design on a dime". (Pun intended.) For example, we now have a gorgeous neutral yet modern color scheme throughout the house, a master bedroom with billowy curtains hung at the ceiling line to maximize the size of our picturesque window overlooking the scenic parkway, and a home office that's super functional for two people - plus houseguests. And let's not forget mini-makeovers in all three bathrooms including modern fixtures, mirrors and solid surface counter tops, and the gorgeous, yet cost effective, new counter tops in the kitchen along with my pride & joy - the zero-edge sink. It was worth every penny. Not only does it look great, I actually get a little smile on my face every time I sweep crumbs directly into the sink without hitting that annoying sink line. Sometimes I spill stuff - small chunks of food, liquids, etc. - near the sink just so I can wipe it in.

Hubby says I'm a voyeur by nature, and, yes, HGTV is G-rated voyeurism at its finest. Come on now, who would turn down the chance to peek in your neighbors windows without getting caught? HGTV rolls out the red carpet and invites you right in the front door - no climbing over shrubbery required.

Um, I think I need a day job!

No comments: