Monday, September 8, 2008

A Girl Called Boo

Boo - 4

On Friday the 13th in August of 2004, at 11:03 p.m. I delivered the most beautiful baby girl. Yes, I know all parents think their kids are gorgeous, blah, blah, blah, but MY girl was pure magic. (Mostly because I thought pregnancy sucked wind and I was thrilled to get her OUT!) She was born during the opening ceremonies of the Summer Olympics, and weighed in at nine pounds (thank God for pain meds) with huge, round eyes full of curiosity.

We named her Erin Kathryn, but quickly began calling her Boo. No worries, we reserved her full given name for the onset of the toddler years; you know, for hollering at her to stop breaking stuff or running out into traffic.

Besides, Boo is such a cute nickname, and it comes in handy when convincing a small child that scary monsters are afraid of girls named Boo. (Monsters Inc., anyone?)

On this my inaugural blog post, I have to tell you about my girl called Boo. Check out the pic below. Compare one Boo with the other. This nickname was no accident. (Yes, it was.)





1 comment:

Rhonda said...

cute! i definitely see the comparison!
rhonda (babyatlas on aug04 babycenter)