Sunday, September 21, 2008

Remember when it was fun to spin in circles?




I remember being a thrill seeker. Once upon a time, I'd never met a roller coaster I didn't love. Now those rides make me want to puke, but I took more than my share of whirling, spinning, high-pitched screaming (me) abuse so Hubby could enjoy a few "Big Boy" coasters at the amusement park yesterday. Of course, I am the one who wields the camera, so you won't see any evidence of just how many times I took one for the team.

On the drive back today we stopped to enjoy the scenic views of the Ohio River Valley and explore just one of hundreds of caves in the area. It was Boo's first trip underground, and we got to see several bats! Boo LOVED that. She's a huge fan of "Stellaluna". We also saw plenty of evidence from the tail end of Ike's wrath - literally dozens upon dozens of downed trees and demolished crops.

And, of course, no trip to the amusement park would be complete without the traditional toddler meltdown!

No comments: