Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My kitchen & recipe advice

BEFORE- Dull & a b!tch to keep clean


This is a huge topic of conversation for me lately. It's on Facebook, my baby board, and I've told just about anyone who will listen. It's like the most exciting thing that's happened in our house in years, and it proves that I am now officially a grown up. (As if the marriage, mortgage, minivan, and child weren't proof enough!) For the seventh anniversary of my 29th birthday (you do the math), Hubby got me new counter tops. I picked out the style and color scheme, and Hubby and father-in-law installed them over Labor Day weekend.

For the record, I labored, too - A LOT . I had to sand, prime and paint the walls because the back splashes on the other counter tops were slightly higher. I also had to listen to hubby swear, insert my opinion without being asked, and locate all of the "missing" tools that were right in front of his face.

I love the change. It feels like a brand new kitchen. And, seriously, I've been inspired to cook - like three nights in a row. I'm even getting a bit cocky and shared two recipes with a dear friend who is a professional stay at home mom & the epitome of "domestic Goddess", AND I posted my meatloaf recipe on my baby board.

I know, I know - crazy, isn't it?
Please do not report these unauthorized activities to the Women's Studies department at The University of Arizona.

AFTER - TADA!

No comments: